Baby Street

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Eliana in 3-D

Friday, March 26, 2010

8-Week Update


We went for an ultrasound this morning, due to some unfamiliar cramps I had been having. Great news! Everything is going perfectly! We got to see the baby wiggling it's little arms and legs...and moving side to side, like a dance! I couldn't believe it! We also could see it's heart chambers beating. The heartbeat was 164. She said anything from 110 to 180 was normal. Will started crying, he was so happy! (I don't know if I was supposed to tell you that...) We still have 10 weeks until we can tell the baby's gender, but we seem to think it's a girl. The ring test says girl, and the chinese birth chart says girl. I know those things can be wrong, but for the most part i've heard they're right.

I'm craving mostly carbs, and anything else pretty much grosses me out. Which is not good, because I lost all my weight eating low-carb...and it's already returning at an astonishingly fast rate. I'm hoping my food aversions will diminish in the second trimester, so that I can eat healthier. And i'll be good to work out again once I feel better! I have to keep my heart rate below 140, which will be tough because I am used to pushing myself really hard when I work out...so i'm not sure I remember what "moderate" feels like.

I think the timing of this pregnancy is great, because I will get to wear plenty of fall clothes when I'm huge, and after the baby's born I can wear winter clothes until I get my shape back in the spring. We're already planning a copy of P90X. No bikinis or little tank tops until well after the baby's born!

No comments:

Post a Comment